Watch me on Twitch!

Streaming on Twitch whenever I can. (Subscribe to my channel to get notifications!)

July 14, 2015

List of musical references in my "Scott Pilgrim" review

This is the end of the contest. I wanted you guys to look for plenty of musical references in my review of Scott Pilgrim VS. The World. Well, here's my list. It might be incomplete, so if I seem to have forgotten a few, be sure to tell me.

1.      We come from the land of the ice and snow (Led Zeppelin, Immigrant Song)
2.      Teenager In Love
3.      Sex Bomb
4.      Rock You Like A Hurricane (The Scorpions)
5.      99 problems but [this role] ain’t one (from Iggy Azalea’s Fancy)
6.      Money For Nothing (Dire Straits)
7.      Owner of a Lonely Heart (Yes)
8.      Get Lucky (Daft Punk)
9.      My Hips Don’t Lie (Shakira)
10.  Radioactive (Imagine Dragons)
11.  You Can’t Always Get What You Want (The Rolling Stones)
12.  I Was Made For Loving You (KISS)
13.  What’s Love Got To Do With It? (Tina Turner)
14.  Metric
15.  Loving, Touching, Squeezing (Journey)
16.  Muse
17.  Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen)
18.  Speed of Sound (Coldplay)
19.  Burning Down The House (Talking Heads)
20.  Tenacious and destructive (A pun on Tenacious D)
21.  You Oughta Know (Alanis Morrissette)
22.  Shinedown
23.  Smoke On The Water (Deep Purple)
24.  Forget You (Cee Lo Green)
25.  Mama, just killed a man… (Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody)
26.  Perfect Strangers (Deep Purple)
27.  Beck
28.  Skyfall (Adele)
29.  Achy Breaky Heart (Billy Ray Cyrus)
30.  Shocking Blue
31.  Canadian Idiot (Weird Al Yankovic)
32.  Hate To Say I Told You So (The Hives)
33.  Let It Go (Idina Menzel)
34.  Another One Bites The Dust (Queen)
35.  Cold As Ice (Foreigner)
36.  Nevermind (Nirvana album)
37.  It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (REM)
38.  Unbelievable (EMF)
39.  Mad World (Gary Jules???)
40.  Static Anonymity (Metric album)
41.  Mainstream (Metric album)
42.  Soft Rock Star (Metric)
43.  Metric
44.  Thrift Shop (Macklemore)
45.  All About That Bass (Meghan Trainor)
46.  The Police
47.  The White Stripes
48.  I’m Sad, So Very Very Sad (From the Scott Pilgrim VS The World Soundtrack)
49.  I kissed a girl, and I liked it… (Katy Perry’s I Kissed A Girl)
50.  Toxicity (System of a Down)
51.  Master of Puppets (Metallica album)
52.  Chop Suey (System of a Down)
53.  Roxette
54.  What a downer system! (System Of A Down… again)
55.  Children of the Damned (Metallica)
56.  Should I Stay Or Should I Go (The Clash)
57.  [They] are young, so why set the world on fire? (from fun.’s We Are Young)
58.  Lose Yourself (Eminem)
59.  Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd)
60.  Somebody That I Used To Know (Gotye)
61.  Green Day
62.  Sympathy For The Devil (The Rolling Stones)
63.  Sledgehammer (Peter Gabriel)
64.  Imagine Dragons
65.  We’re Not Gonna Take It (Twister Sister)
66.  Break Your Heart (Taio Cruz)
67.  It’s Only Rock’N’Roll (But I Like It) (The Rolling Stones)
68.  Scream and Shout (Will.i.am)
69.  Smash Mouth
70.  Dirty Work (Rolling Stones album)
71.  …less twisted side of Scott’s sister (Twisted Sister… geddit?)
72.  Down With The Sickness (Disturbed)
73.  Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-A-Lot)
74.  Between The Buttons (Rolling Stones album)
75.  A tower of stone, with the flesh and bone… (from Rainbow’s Stargazer)
76.  (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Rolling Stones)
77.  Brown Sugar (Rolling Stones)
78.  Sharp-Dressed Man (ZZ Top)
79.  Man of wealth and taste (from the Rolling Stones’ Sympathy For The Devil)
80.  Get Off My Cloud (Rolling Stones)
81.  Under My Thumb (Rolling Stones)
82.  Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke ft. Pharell Williams)
83.  Ruby Tuesday (Rolling Stones)
84.  Black And Blue (Rolling Stones album)
85.  Let It Bleed (Rolling Stones album)
86.  State Of Shock (The Jackson 5)
87.  Phoenix
88.  Let’s Get It Started (Black Eyed Peas)
89.  Too Tough To Die (The Ramones)
90.  Through the fire and the flames he’ll carry on! (Dragonforce’s Through The Fire And Flames)
91.  Garden of sound (…Soundgarden!)
92.  Nine Inch Nails
93.  Pull Me Under (Dream Theater)
94.  Metal Health (Quiet Riot)
95.  Pretty Fly For A White Guy (The Offspring)
96.  Wrecking Ball (Miley Cyrus)
97.  Renegades of Funk (Rage Against The Machine)
98.  Beat On The Brat (The Ramones)
99.  Out Of Our Heads (Rolling Stones album)
100.  To learn how to love and forget how to hate (from Ozzy Osbourne’s Crazy Train)
101. Europe
102. The Final Countdown (Europe)
103. End of the Century (The Ramones album)
104. Rocket To Russia (The Ramones album)
105. Best Song Ever (One Direction)
106. Black Sheep (Metric)

107. Why’d you have to go and make things so complicated? (Avril Lavigne’s Complicated)

There, that's my list. It was difficult to sneak in so many musical references, so I hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment