Watch me on Twitch!

Streaming on Twitch whenever I can. (Subscribe to my channel to get notifications!)

September 10, 2014

A Look Back On: How To Train Your Dragon (Wii)

Read the review here.


Number of views on this review at the time of writing this Look Back article: 639. (WOW!)

It was my first time reviewing a video game adaptation. It was also the first time a single post of mine reached beyond 3,000 words.

Thing is that, as I noticed quickly enough, sometimes I write reviews that are 2,000 words long and keep it in one part, sometimes I write reviews that are 4,000 words long and cut it in two parts... What happens when I have too much to say in a review that I need to go beyond the 2,000-word mark, yet not enough to make two parts? Special, long 3,000-word reviews. I haven't done a lot of them so far, but they're there.

Nowadays, I notice more and more precision when I'm reviewing a game - or at least, when I'm decribing the plot. More precision means, you guessed it, more words. Therefore, longer reviews. I still try to keep each review (or part of a review) between 2,000 and 3,000 words, but sometimes I either go beyond 3,000 words or stop just short of that number. My review of Super Smash Bros Brawl had over 16,000 words, which means each part had approximately 2,600 words.

As for the review of a video game adaptation? I think I did it pretty well. Another review of a licensed game will be coming to the site, either in 2015 or 2016: Rise of the Guardians (Wii). I still haven't played the game (because I found a job and, thus, my schedule is a lot busier than it used to be). But I have hopes that it won't be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment