Watch me on Twitch!

Streaming on Twitch whenever I can. (Subscribe to my channel to get notifications!)

July 30, 2014

A Look Back On: Crash & Spyro Superpack / Big Brain Academy

Starting this Wednesday, I'll be publishing every week links to past reviews. Especially the ones I wrote before fame. (If 28,000 views can be called "fame", anyway.)

I was supposed to start last week, but I was too busy or something. Which is why I'm covering my two oldest reviews today. Next Wednesday, I,ll just talk about one of my older reviews.

CRASH AND SPYRO SUPERPACK


As my first review, it was very basic. No pictures aside from the box art. Some jokes, but not as many as there are now. I remember that these games contain one of my bigger pet peeves about the Game Boy Advance games: Having to trade with each other in order to achieve 100% completion. Something that sounds like a good idea at first, until you realize it's a good idea only for the Pokémon games. It's so hard to find someone who owns either Crash Purple or Spyro Orange that your best chance is to buy the two versions yourself, then buy the Link Cable, and ask a friend to give you your now-pretty-damn-old-and-probably-broken GBA.

All in all, a game that has fun moments, some of the minigames are creative, the boss fights aren't half bad, but the two are VERY short. They were on the same GBA cartridge. In itself, it's a good thing, but you can't trade between your two games; you still need the two versions once again in order to get everything!

BIG BRAIN ACADEMY


While Big Brain Academy is a fun intelligence game, many of us don't play games to become more intelligent. Alright, some of us do, that's why Brain Age was quite popular. But platform games and RPGs are much more fun to me, and you, too, probably have a favorite genre aside from "intelligence games". Whatever the name is.

Yes, Big Brain Academy is fun, but only fifteen different minigames doesn't seem like enough to me. I also disliked how the final score isn't a representation of your IQ, but a mesurement of your brain's weight... which is complete bull****. Still, despite these flaws, the game IS fun, though I won't guarantee you'll play it for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment